This Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is super easy to make and you need just 10 ingredients. The added fresh banana chunks are amazing and take this cake to the next level. It's moist and so flavorful.
Fresh banana chunks in the Banana Bundt Cake
In this bundt cake are mashed bananas in the batter and also additional fresh banana chunks in the cake. The mashed bananas add the desired texture and flavor to the cake and the additional banana chunks add an incredibly fresh banana taste to the cake. It is like you eat banana bread with slices of fresh bananas on top.
If you don't want to add fresh banana chunks to your banana bundt cake, just leave it out. Altough I encourage you to add them because you miss out on something.
NOTE: However, if you plan on freezing the bundt cake I recommend leaving the banana chunks out because they may end up soggy after thawing.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake made with oil instead of butter
To get the best possible texture ever, I used oil instead of butter in this cake. It keeps the bundt cake very soft and moist. You won't miss the butter flavor in this cake because the cake is loaded with flavors of banana, chocolate, a pinch of cinnamon, and vanilla.
How to make a banana bundt cake
This bundt cake recipe is pretty straight forward. Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in one bowl, and stir to combine. Then add mashed bananas, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to another bowl and whisk to combine. Then combine all ingredients and whisk until incorporated. Fold in the banana pieces and chocolate chips and transfer to a bundt pan.
NOTE: This recipe is designed for a 7-inch (18cm) bundt pan. If you use a 10-inch (25cm) bundt pan, you have two options. You can stick to the recipe and bake it just in a bigger pan but therefore you would need to reduce the baking time to about 30 minutes or double the recipe and bake it about 60 minutes. Please check with a toothpick to see if your cake is done.
If you try this Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! Would love to see your snap!
You may also like
Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (240g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 mashed ripe bananas (14oz, 400g)
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed (200g)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil (125ml)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana cut into 1/4 inch (0.5cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (88g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 7-inch (18cm) bundt pan. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the mashed bananas with sugar and whisk just until combined for about 1 minute. While whisking, slowly add the oil and stir to combine. Then add eggs and vanilla and whisk just until combined for about 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon fold in the banana chunks and chocolate chips just until well distributed. Transfer the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cooling for about 10 minutes then carefully invert the cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month.
- This recipe is designed for a 7-inch (18cm) bundt pan. If you use a 10-inch (25cm) bundt pan, you have two options. You can stick to the recipe and bake it just in a bigger pan but therefore you would need to reduce the baking time to about 30 minutes or double the recipe and bake it about 60 minutes. Please check with a toothpick to see if your cake is done.
- You can either use light or dark brown sugar in this recipe.