Best S’mores Cookie Bars! Soft & chewy graham cookie dough. Tenderly melting chocolate bars. Creamy peanut butter. Gooey marshmallow fluff. 11 ingredients & 15 minutes prep time.
Best S’mores Bars…seriously
No seriously… these are the best ever S’mores Bars. You are asking why I am so sure?
1. Easy 8 ingredient graham cookie dough.
The cookie dough on top and the bottom is soft and chewy and ridiculously easy to make. My tips for extra chewy cookie layers are: melting the butter and using just brown sugar. Brown sugar also has a great taste and fits perfectly to the graham crackers.
Just combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. That’s it. You have your cookie base. Super easy!
Don’t overmix at any step. Just until combined. When you overmix the dough, it will get dry.
2. Tenderly melting chocolate bars.
The chocolate is everything! I always use high-quality chocolate bars when it comes to s’mores. The taste of s’mores stands and falls with the quality of the chocolate you use. It doesn’t matter if you make yourself original s’mores or any s’mores bakery, just make sure that you always use good chocolate.
I prefer brands like Hershey’s or Lindt when it comes to chocolate. The taste is intense, and the consistency is tenderly melting. Perfect for our S’mores Cookie Bars!
3. Gooey marshmallow fluff. Lots of.
As you can see in the pictures, there is a lot of gooey marshmallow fluff inside these S’mores Cookie Bars. Think of original s’mores. You have two thin graham crackers, one layer chocolate bars, and a big marshmallow sandwiched in between.
With these bars, it’s pretty much the same. The thick layer of gooey marshmallow creme is mind-blowing. Campfire feelings are rising.
I could count endlessly but let me have a few more killer arguments why THESE are the best ever S’mores Cookie Bars:
4. Although its optional and up to your preference, the peanut butter layer takes these bars pretty much to the next level.
5. Strong flavors, gooey, chewy, soft.
6. Easy campfire snack without campfire needed.
7. Ultraaa delicious!!!
8. So fun to eat.
I know today is Halloween, but you don’t need to roast some marshmallows in your jack, just put these bars into your oven and enjoy your Halloween night.
If you make this No-Cook Snickers Peanut Butter Fudge recipe leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! Would love to see your snap!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (113g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (100g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (150g)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (72g)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter - optional (62g)
- 5 Hershey's milk chocolate bars (7.75oz / 220g)
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff (7.5oz / 212g)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) or 9x9 inch (23x23 cm) baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium speed just until combined for about 1 minute. Add the egg and mix just until combined. Mix in flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt just until incorporated.
Divide cookie dough in half. Transfer one half of the dough to the prepared pan and press into the bottom of the pan evenly. Lift out the dough layer with the parchment paper and set aside. This will be your top cookie dough layer.
Line the baking pan again with parchment paper and press the remaining cookie dough into the bottom of the pan evenly. Spread the peanut butter evenly on top if used. Then place the chocolate bars in a single layer on top and spread the marshmallow fluff evenly on top. Place the top cookie dough layer on top and carefully press into the pan to even.
Bake for about 24-26 minutes when using a 9x9 inch baking pan or for 26-28 minutes when using an 8x8 inch baking pan or until golden brown. Let the bars cool to room temperature before cutting. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Replace regular graham crackers for chocolate flavored graham crackers.
- Substitute chocolate bars for full sized peanut butter cups.
- Instead of using peanut butter, use Nutella spread.
- Add 1 cup (175g) peanut butter chips.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 cup (63g) of peanuts, walnuts, or pecans on top of peanut butter layer.
- I recommend allowing the s'mores bars to completely cool before cutting because otherwise, they will not cut well.
- Use high-quality chocolate for this cookie bar recipe. Lindt and Hershey's are my favorites.
- Do not overmix the cookie batter for these s'mores bars.