This chocolate bundt cake is so moist, delicious, and rich! Not only does it taste phenomenal, but it's also really easy to make and looks stunning! It will quickly become one of your go-to recipes. It's the perfect cake for any occasion like potlucks, celebrations, or barbecues. By the way, have you tried my banana bundt cake?
Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla just until combined.
Stir in dry ingredients to combine. The batter will be very thick.
Then slowly mix in hot water until combined. The batter will be very thin.
Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Then let cool.
Expert tips for success
- Don't overmix the cake batter otherwise the texture will be dense and chewy instead of light and fluffy. Overmixing incorporates too much air which causes the cake rise too much and then collapse. For best results only mix the batter until it's just combined.
- It's best to use a nonstick bundt pan. Additionally, you can grease and flour the bundt pan so that the cake comes out easily.
- Remove the cake from the oven as soon as a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Depending on the shape of your bundt pan, the baking time may vary.
- Let it cool for 1 hour before removing it from the pan. If you remove it too early, the cake could break apart.
It will last an average of 3 days. You can refrigerate it or leave it on the counter depending on your preference. Always store it in an airtight container.
Tightly wrap it in plastic wrap to keep it protected then place it in freezer-safe bags or containers. It will last for 3 months in the freezer. To thaw, place it on the counter for 1-2 hours.
More chocolate recipes to try
- Fudge Brownies
- Edible Brownie Batter
- Triple Chocolate Cake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder, spooned and leveled
- 1 ¾ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, OPTIONAL
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Grease and flour a 10 inches (25cm) bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a stand or handheld mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla just until combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients to combine. The batter will be very thick. Slowly mix in hot water until combined. The batter will be very thin.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Depending on the shape of your bundt pan, the baking time may vary. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour. After cooling, invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.