If you have company this weekend like me, or just looking for an easy dinner, then I have the perfect recipe idea for you today. These meatballs with mashed potatoes and garlic butter carrots are very easy to make, in less than 45 minutes on your table, will satisfy old and young, and IT’S TOTALLY GLUTEN FREE!
This weekend Mario and I invited our friends over because of the super bowl. Wooohooo. I’m thrilled to watch this event every year. Not only because of the game. You have a good time with your friends. You are talking, and laughing, and eating, and drinking. Your feelings go up and down with every touchdown.
These meatballs with mashed potatoes and garlic butter are my very best choice to feed up the crowd. It’s easy to make, you don’t need to stay in the kitchen like forever, and you can’t go wrong with it. I mean, everyone loves meatballs? And mashed potatoes? And garlic butter carrots? Yes, please!
And it’s totally gluten-free, so you don’t need to worry about to rearrange this recipe because of a gluten intolerance.
This recipe is really super easy to make. Just start to prepare your meatballs, then put the carrots into the oven, then cook potatoes, fry your meatballs and give them into the oven too, mash your potatoes, take meatballs and carrots out of the oven and enjoy it! That’s it. The most of this game is played by your oven. Like I said before…super easy!
These meatballs with mashed potatoes and garlic butter carrots are your best choice when
- you have to cook for your friends and family
- you are looking for an easy dinner
- you don’t want to stay in the kitchen like forever
- you want to eat in just 45 minutes
- you are looking for something gluten-free
Enjoy it, friends!
If you try this super easy and quick Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Butter Carrots recipe leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! I really wanna seeeee it!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds potatoes
- 5/8 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic gloves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start with preparing the Meatballs. Therefore chop onion and garlic very fine and put them with all ingredients in a large bowl and mix everything with a fork, then set aside.
- Then peel carrots, cut them into thumb-sized pieces and put them into a casserole. Warm butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds until it is almost liquid. Then press garlic with a garlic press and add it to the warm butter. Spread it all over the carrots, sprinkle with salt and pepper and put it into the oven. Let them bake for about 30 minutes until they are soft.
- Then peel potatoes into thumb-sized pieces and put them into boiling water and let them cook for about 20 minutes until they are very soft and fall off a skewer.
- Then heat up a pan on medium-high heat with one tablespoon of vegetable oil, then form about 16 balls out of the beef (this will go easy with slightly wet hands) and roast them evenly on every side for about 15 minutes. Then transfer them into the oven too for about 5 minutes.
- Pour off potatoes and mash them with a masher, add butter, milk, and salt and mash until the potatoes are smooth.
- Take meatballs and carrots out of the oven and serve them with mashed potatoes immediately.