Are you looking for an easy and healthy dinner? Congrats, you were landing in the right spot! Juicy salmon baked with creamy pesto Genovese and parmesan. Served with the easiest ever oven rice and garlic oil roasted bell peppers. Uhm, how long is it until dinner….?
So I really must eat something that still keeps me and my body in balance. I can’t live only eating Pumpkin Pie. I mean, I actually could, don’t get me wrong. But I want to live a healthy life, and this is the reason why I cook fresh and healthy every weekday.
When you eat 80% fresh and healthy food, then it’s ok when you cure your sweet cravings with Angel Food Cake. The 80/20 rule works just fine for me. How do you keep your balance? Do you do any sports, or do you drink your everyday-juice, or do you eating superfood? I would really love to hear your approach to a healthier life!
I guess that it’s super important for you too to find recipes they are not only healthy but also quick and easy to make, isn’t it? Ok, then you are going to be very happy right now that you have found this super easy Pesto Baked Salmon with Bell Peppers and Rice recipe.
You only need 6 ingredients and 25 minutes till you are going to have a super delicious and healthy dinner on your table.
It comes together in a very short time, and it’s super easy to make. The only thing you have to do on your own is to chop bell peppers and garlic and roast vegetables and salmon. The oven is doing the rest for you.
You have to try this Pesto Baked Salmon with Bell Peppers and Rice because it is
- that easy
- super quick
- so healthy
- extremely delicious
If you try this Pesto Baked Salmon with Bell Peppers and Rice recipe leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! Please let me seeeeeeee!
- 4 x 5oz pieces of fresh salmon
- 8 tbsp pesto Genovese
- 4 tbsp parmesan
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 oz basmati rice
- 1/4 tsp salt + more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put rice with double amount of water and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium-sized saucepan and bring over high heat to a boil. Then put a lid on the saucepan and transfer to preheated oven and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
Chop bell peppers into thumb-sized pieces and set aside. Finely chop garlic cloves and also set aside.
- Heat one tbsp of olive oil in a pan over high heat. Roast salmon on high heat on each side until browned for about 4-5 minutes. Then put 2 tbsp of pesto and 1 tbsp of parmesan on every piece of salmon and transfer to a casserole and put it in the oven. Let bake for about 5 minutes.
- Take the same pan, and the also use the same oil from the salmon and add garlic and bell peppers and roast it over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove bell peppers from the heat and also the salmon and rice from the oven and enjoy immediately.