This super moist and perfectly spiced pumpkin bundt cake is loaded with chocolate chips. It is easy to make and requires just 15 minutes of active prep time.
What should I say about this cake? It is freaking perfect. The cake is moist, perfectly spiced and it has chocolate chips in it. Yeah, and it’s super easy to make.
I drizzled mine with a chocolate maple topping. This is optional but highly recommended. But any topping works. Think of caramel. Cream cheese. Orange. Maple. Brown butter. Cinnamon. Chocolate. Or skip it at all. However, you like it.
Just in case you want to make the chocolate maple topping which I made, I added the recipe to the recipe card at the end of the post.
Is it just me or are bundt cakes totally underrepresented in our lives? I really love them, but for no reason, I have significantly fewer bundt cake recipes compared to frosted cake recipes. In fact, they are super easy to make because you don’t need to layer the cake and the handling with the frosting is also omitted.
You need two bowls. In one bowl you combine all dry ingredients. These are flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. In the other bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
It can’t be easier right?
If you don’t want to have chocolate chips in the bundt cake, then leave them out. You could also replace the chocolate chips with nuts. Think of pecans or walnuts. Or add a combination of chocolate chips AND nuts. Maybe the next time I go with chocolate chips and pecans. That sounds awesome.
Speaking of Thanksgiving. This cake would be beautiful on your Thanksgiving table. You could also swap out the pumpkin with sweet potato if preferred. Either way, you and your family would love this cake as a Thanksgiving dessert for sure.
That the bundt cake comes out beautifully, lightly grease the pan. I started to experiment with different methods and found that lightly greasing the pan with vegetable oil with a brush but without flouring the pan, works best for this recipe.
Just invert the pan onto a wire rack after cooling and lightly jiggle the pan. It will come out easily, and the surface will be beautiful.
This cake is
- super moist
- perfectly spiced
- so easy to make
- prepared in just 15 minutes
- oh so delicious
With which topping will you go?
You may also like
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 2+¾ cups all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled (330g)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 cup vegetable oil (240ml)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated white sugar (400g)
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (425g)
- 1 vanilla bean* (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1+½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (260g)
OPTIONAL: chocolate maple topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120g)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (16g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30ml)
- tsp hot water from the tap,
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Lightly grease a 10 inches (25cm) bundt pan with an oiled brush. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment whisk oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla* on medium speed to combine. Add dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix at any step. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Depending on the shape and material of your bundt pan, the baking time may vary. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. After cooling, invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- OPTIONAL: Place powdered sugar and cocoa in a bowl and stir in 1 tsp maple syrup and water at the time until it is a thick glaze. It should drip down slowly. Try it on the side of your bowl. When it is too thin, it will run down the cake. Drizzle over cooled cake just before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.