These super soft and crunchy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies are loaded with white and milk chocolate, caramels, and salty pretzels. When you bite into these cookies, you are experiencing a perfect mix of salty and sweet.
There is nothing best than a cozy weekend. You can snuggle with your partner, sleep till noon, stay in your jammie all day long, watch TV, and eat Cookies. You have to do nothing, and you can charge your batteries. I’ve been having such a weekend like this, and it’s just as great as it sounds. No grocery shopping, no family visits, no exams, nothing! Just me staying at home with my dear husband, Mario.
Well, this also means that I have enough time to bake. I’m always willing to experiment and try something new. And I think that this is absolutely important because there are soo many delicious treats to discover and eat. BUT, yeah there is a but…I have to admit that I bake Cookies on a regular basis. Mario and I are so-called “cookie monsters”. When I ask Mario what he wants me to bake he gives in 3 out of 4 times the simple answer: cookies! But can we blame on him? I don’t think so….
Fortunately, my willingness to experiment doesn’t stop with cookies. There are endless kinds of cookies. Soft, crisp, chocolaty, nutty, healthy,…
Today I made a batch of Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies. They include white and milk chocolate, caramels, and salty pretzels. The cookie dough is perfect. Super soft and chewy. When you think of a perfect cookie and how it has to be, then congrats you just found the perfect cookie recipe right NOW.
When you bite into these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies, you are going to be overrun by this perfectly concerted salty-sweet taste. The buttery flavor of the cookie dough is the sprinkles on top. With the very first bite, you are experimenting a soft and chewy cookie dough accompanied by crunchy pretzels, gooey caramels, and two kinds of tenderly melting chocolates.
The right butter consistency is the sweet, uh I mean the buttery little secret of perfect cookies. Melt it in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds until it’s 2/3 melted. Then stir until you have a soft and nontransparent consistency. It should be dulled and bright yellow. What to do when your butter is too transparent and melted? No problem! Just let it stand for about 5 minutes to let it cool a bit.
The second secret of perfect Cookies is not to overmix them! At no point! Just mix until combined in every step. The third secret is not to take more flour as recommended. To take the right amount of flour, please spoon flour into your measuring cups until level. The dough is very smooth and buttery and not dry at all. Look at the pictures above. You can see that the cookies are shiny.
And last but not least: don’t overbake them. This advice is crucial for perfect cookies. When you overbake them, then you will get dry cookies. And you don’t want dry cookies, right? You want them to be soft and chewy, don’t you? So please keep an eye on your cookies and take them out of the oven, when they look pale and puffed and have just lost its shiny surface.
Ok let me summarize the most important steps for a perfect cookie adventure:
- microwave butter as described
- don’t overmix
- spoon flour into measuring cup until leveled
- don’t overbake
When you follow the instruction step by step you will get the most amazing cookies you will ever have.
If you try these soft, crunchy, and chewy Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! I would love to see what you bake up!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean substitute with 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1.5 oz white chocolate
- 1 oz milk chocolate
- 2.75 oz caramels
- 1.5 oz salted pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Microwave butter until 2/3 melted. Then stir until it's completely liquid. (Please also read the instructions above and follow my advice step by step.)
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop chocolates, caramels, and pretzels and set aside.
- Stir butter and both sugars with a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment for about 1 minute just until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla* and mix for about 30 seconds just until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix again just until combined. Don't overmix at any step or your cookies will dry out.
- Add chopped chocolates, caramels, and pretzels and work it into the cookie dough with a spatula.
- Roll 12 equal sized balls out of the dough and place them onto a parchment paper layered baking sheet and bake them for about 11-12 minutes.
- Take your cookies out of the oven when they have just lost their shiny surface and look pale and puffed. Let cool for about 5 minutes until they get firm enough to move them, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely or enjoy them still warm.
- These Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your sharp knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.