Have you ever tried a dessert pizza? As a pizza lover, it's the perfect dessert for any occasion. Since there are too many great options, I decided to show you my 4 favorite dessert pizza variations. What do you think of Nutella pizza, honey pizza, strawberry pizza, or chocolate pizza with a chocolate stuffed pizza crust? I can't tell my favorite as they are all just so good. The basis of all these variations is my cold fermented pizza dough.
- Adjustments - All 4 dessert pizza variations are widely customizable and can be prepared to your liking. Leave some toppings out or add other ones. You can either use my recipes as inspiration for new creations or follow them as described. To add a light tanginess to the crust, try my sourdough pizza crust.
- Skill level - No matter which variation you choose, they are all easy to make, and you only need a few ingredients.
- For a light and bubbly pizza crust, preheat the baking sheet and oven for 20-30 minutes until it's really hot. If you have a pizza steel (highly recommended), preheat the steel and the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Using a pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the pizza steel or baking sheet makes your life so much easier.
- Sprinkle the pizza peel generously with semolina flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel.
Which dough is best?
Any pizza dough works well. You can use either store-bought or homemade yeast pizza dough or sourdough pizza dough.
Can I make it in advance?
You can certainly prepare the dough in advance and either refrigerate or freeze it until you need it. Once you bake it, I suggest serving it fresh out of the oven. Nothing beats freshly baked pizza crust.
Can I reheat it?
The crust, yes, but without the fresh toppings. Since most of them have fruit toppings, I would just top the slices you want to eat and save the rest for later. Then when you reheat the crust, top it with the fresh ingredients and serve.
Do they freeze well?
Unfortunately, not. It's better to freeze the unbaked pizza dough and then defrost, prepare, and bake when you need it.
How to make Nutella Pizza
Prepare the dough and shape it into your desired shape. Then brush it with the melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Then bake according to the directions, spread Nutella on top, and serve with additional toppings to your liking. Strawberries, for example, fit very well.
How to make Honey Pizza
Prepare the dough according to the directions and shape to your preference. Then sprinkle with almond slices and drizzle with honey.
Then bake and top with figs and goat cheese if you like.
How to make Strawberry Pizza
Prepare and shape the dough to your liking. Then evenly spread half of the strawberry cream cheese mixture on top.
Then bake and top with the remaining strawberry cream cheese mixture and fresh strawberries.
How to make Chocolate Pizza
Prepare and stretch the dough your favorite way. Then place the chocolate along the edges, fold the dough over the chocolate, and seal with your fingers that the chocolate is completely enclosed.
Then bake and top with your favorite toppings. I love loading mine with chocolate spread, dots of cream cheese, and berries.
You love pizza? Awesome! I have some great recipes for you to try:
Dessert Pizza - 4 Ways
- 1 pizza dough*
- 1 cup milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- Toppings of your choice: chocolate spread and fresh berries fit well
- All ingredients are calculated to make two 8-inch (20cm) pizzas. So remember to split all of the toppings in half for both pizzas. I recommend preparing one pizza at a time. When the first one is in the oven, prepare the second.Also, the baking time depends on which dough you choose, how thick it is, and what equipment you use. If you use and follow my yeast pizza dough recipe, bake for 5-7 minutes when using a pizza steel and for 8-12 minutes when using a baking sheet. If you use storebought pizza dough, follow the directions on the package.
- Preheat the oven and a baking sheet to 475°F / 250°C for 20-30 minutes. If you are baking with a pizza steel, preheat for 45-60 minutes.
- If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle it generously with semolina and set it aside. Otherwise, sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with semolina and set aside.
- Prepare the dough, divide it in half, and shape it to your preference. Then transfer to the pizza peel or parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Then brush the melted butter on the dough and sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over it. Bake until the crust is baked through. Spread the Nutella evenly on the hot crust and top with other toppings as desired.
- Sprinkle the almond slices evenly on the dough and drizzle with the honey. Then bake until the crust is baked through. Top the hot crust with dollops of goat cheese, fresh figs, and additional honey as you like.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, mashed strawberries, and vanilla. Then, spread half of the mixture on top of the dough and bake until baked through. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the hot crust and add the fresh strawberries.
- Place the chocolate along the edges of the prepared and shaped dough, then fold the edges of the dough over the chocolate and seal with your fingers that the chocolate is completely enclosed. Bake and then top with your favorite toppings like chocolate spread and berries.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.