Unbelievably delicious S'mores Cake
Graham cracker cake - marshmallow fluff buttercream - chocolate ganache. This S'mores Cake lets S'mores lovers dreams come true.
Servings: 16 servings
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, spooned and leveled (240g)
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar (50g)
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (85g)
Graham Cracker Cake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, spooned and leveled (180g)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (180g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (113g)
- ½ cup mild flavored vegetable or canola oil (120ml)
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar (300g)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk (360ml)
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature (340g)
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted (360g)
- 14 oz marshmallow fluff (2 jars / 400g)
- pinch of salt (to taste)
Chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate bars, finely chopped (261g)
- 9 oz sweetened condensed milk (255g)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180ml)
Graham Cracker Crust
In a large mixing bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter just until combined and evenly moist. Divide in half and transfer to the prepared baking pans. Press the crumbs with the back of a flat-bottomed cup into the bottom of the pan evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Cake
Stir graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl to combine. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment beat butter, oil, and sugar on medium speed until creamy and combined for about 2 minutes.
Add one egg at the time and mix just to combine after every egg. Mix in vanilla to combine. Alternately stir in dry ingredients and milk. Begin and end with dry ingredients.
Divide the batter into the two prepared baking pans equally. Bake for about 36-41 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature.
In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk butter on medium speed until fluffy for about 2 minutes. Mix in powdered sugar until smooth and combined. Add marshmallow fluff and mix until combined. Add salt to taste (if desired). Set aside.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Place the chopped chocolate bars, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes until it has the typical chocolate fudge sauce consistency. Stir every 20 seconds that the chocolate doesn't get too fast too hot.
Cut a thin layer off the tops of your cakes to create a flat surface if needed. Then cut each cake in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on a cake stand, turner or serving plate.
Spread ¼ of the marshmallow frosting over the cake. The frosting should be higher around the edges that it holds the chocolate fudge sauce inside the cake (watch the video and photos for better understanding). Spoon about 4-5 tablespoon of chocolate fudge sauce on top where the buttercream is lower and spread evenly. Repeat two more times.
Place last cake layer on top and lightly frost the outside and the sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Spoon the glaze little by little around the sides and let it drip off the sides. Do this with a small spoon and do one drip at the time. Then spoon or pour the rest of the glaze on top of the cake (maybe you don't need all) and level with an offset spatula. Chill 4 hours in the fridge.
Before serving, decorate with meringue, marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate to your preference. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
If you aren't able to consume milk for one reason or another or simply don't have any on hand, you can still make this s'mores dessert. Simply substitute the regular milk for any of the following: almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk.
- When baking this s'mores layer cake, always use the freshest ingredients.
- Use butter that has been at room temperature for best results.
- Don't overbake the graham cracker cake.
- Do not overmix the cake batter or crust mixture.
- Use high-quality chocolate because you will get the best tasting and texture.
- Make sure to chill the cake for 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
Calories: 891kcal | Carbohydrates: 109g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 81g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 2.7mg