Easy Blueberry Bread Recipe
This extraordinary blueberry bread is super soft and moist. Plus, it's filled with juicy ripe blueberries. You will only need 10 minutes prep + 9 ingredients for this delicious blueberry bread recipe!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (240g)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (113g)
- ⅔ cup light or dark brown sugar, packed (133g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 cup sour cream (8.8oz / 250g)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed blueberries (340g)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9x5“ (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper with an overhang on two opposite sides to easily lift the bread out of the pan after baking. Set aside.
In a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl using a stand or handheld mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment beat butter until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Add the sugar and mix until light and creamy for about 2 minutes.
Add eggs and vanilla* and mix until well combined.
Alternately, add dry ingredients and sour cream and stir on low speed to combine. Begin and end with dry ingredients.
Fold in blueberries to combine. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for about 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer with the paper to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Replace 2 vanilla beans with 2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Substitute blueberries for 2 cups (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or bakers chocolate.
- Use 2 cups (235g) of diced apples in place of blueberries. Plus, 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Substitute 2 cups (332g) chopped strawberries for blueberries.
- Don't bake this blueberry bread with sour cream too long or it will become dry.
- Never overmix the batter because the blueberry quick bread will become dense.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for best results.
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise with a sharp knife. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.
- Wrap up leftover bread well so it doesn't dry out.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1.7mg