Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This rich, fudgy, and decadent chocolate zucchini bread is mindblowing good! You only need 10 ingredients and 10 minutes prep to make the most delicious chocolate chip zucchini bread you have ever tasted.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (225g)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar (200g)
- 1 vanilla bean* (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (120g)
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa, spooned and leveled (42g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup high-quality milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips (120g)
Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a 9x5" (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla* just until combined.
Sift in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
Take shredded zucchini and squeeze one time lightly with your hand. Discard excess liquid. Add zucchini and chocolate chips to the batter and stir in to combine.
Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick centered in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake. Let cool to room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise with a sharp knife. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.
Substitute Peanut Butter Chips for Chocolate Chips
Just make sure it's high-quality, and you use the same amount as you would the chocolate. You can even use a combination of both if you want to. Just keep it to ¾ cups (120g) of whatever combination you wish.
Substitute Bananas For Zucchini
If you don't have zucchini on hand, you can easily swap it out for overripe bananas. Use 1 ½ cups of mashed bananas in place of the zucchini, and it will be perfect.
- Make sure to shred the zucchini really fine. You don't want to bite into large chunks.
- It's essential to squeeze excess liquid off the zucchini.
- Don't overmix the batter or the chocolate zucchini loaf will be dense.
- Use fresh eggs and other ingredients for the best results.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.5mg