Chocolate Cherry Galette Recipe
This luscious chocolate cherry galette is what your tastebuds dream about at night! It has perfectly sweetened cherries, chocolate pie crust, and an explosion of flavor! 10 ingredients + 20 minutes prep, make this the ideal dessert and soon to be favorite galette recipe.
Servings: 12 servings
Chocolate pie crust
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (200g)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (11g)
- 4 tablespoon granulated white sugar (50g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅝ cup unsalted butter, cold (141g)
- 3 tablespoon milk, cold (45ml)
- 3 tablespoon water, cold (45ml)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
Chocolate cherry filling
- 1 lbs cherries, pitted and halved (450g)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar (50g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup high-quality milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (85g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Place flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Pea-sized butter flakes should be still visible. Add one tablespoon milk and water after another and pulse for 1-2 times after every tablespoon. Form pie crust into a disc without kneading. Wrap in plastic foil tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to 2 days.
Preheat oven to 425°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir cherries, sugar, and cornstarch to combine. Set aside.
Roll out dough into a ⅛ inch (0.4cm) thick circle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the pie crust with chocolate, leaving 2-3 inch space around the edges. Spoon cherries with very little liquid on top of the chocolate. Fold edges over cherries and press gently to seal the edges. Brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cut butter into small flakes and add on top of the cherries. Bake for about 25-27 minutes. Allow cooling at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Consider substituting the cherries for other fruits if you wish. It's important to note you can completely replace the cherries with something else or only a portion, but don't use more than 1 pound of fruit total. Here are some flavors to try when making this galette recipe:
Add Additional Flavors To The Chocolate Cherry Galette like...
- Slivered almonds ½ cup (50g)
- Crushed pecans½ cup (62.5g)
- White chocolate chips ½ cup (87.5g)
- Use really cold butter for the pie crust.
- When you use dark cherries, the flavor is much sweeter and more appealing.
- Serve with a spoonful of Nutella, ice cream or whipped topping for an extra treat.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.1mg