Almond Peach Galette Recipe
This indulgent almond peach galette is irresistible. Just 11 ingredients and 20 minutes prep time to make this delicious peach almond galette.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (180g)
- 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar (25g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold (113g)
- 4 tablespoon cold water (60ml)
- 1 egg (for brushing the edges)
- ⅜ cup almond slices (37g)
- 4 large peaches, pitted and sliced (about 1.1 lbs / 500g)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed (50g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 vanilla bean* (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Place flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Larger butter flakes should be still visible. Add one tablespoon water at the time and pulse for 1-2 times after every tablespoon. Form pie crust into a disc without kneading. Wrap in plastic foil tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to 2 days.
Preheat oven to 425°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir peaches, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla* to combine. Set aside.
Roll out dough into a ⅛ inch (0.4cm) thick circle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spoon peaches without any liquid in the center of the dough, leaving a 3-inch border all around. Fold edges over peaches and press gently to seal the edges. Brush edges with egg, and sprinkle with almond slices. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Allow cooling at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Drain juice off of peaches so it doesn't make the fresh galette watery.
- To make the best perfectly flaky crust, do not overmix the dough.
- Always use fresh peaches for best results.
- You don't need to toast almonds ahead of time, because they will toast as the rustic galette is baking.
Consider substituting any of the following fruits in place of the peaches. Therefore you shouldn't use more than 1.1 lbs (500g) of fruit total because you don't want it to be too heavy.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and fresh fruits for an extra special treat.
You can use different nuts as well. Substitute the almonds for any nuts you prefer like:
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your sharp knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.6mg