It is so delicious you'll never want store-bought again. In just 45 minutes, you can make it only using 8 ingredients. Every bite is perfectly crunchy and flavorful.
Servings: 16 servings
- ¾ cup peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Roughly chop nuts and toss with oats and salt in a large bowl and set aside. In another bowl whisk maple syrup, oil, and vanilla until combined. Pour over oats and stir until all the oats are evenly moistened.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes. Stir after 20 minutes. Let it cool completely on the baking sheet. Once cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 3 weeks. Freeze it in freezer bags or containers for up to 6 months.
- When chopping the nuts, don't make them too fine or it won't be easy to eat.
- Store it in an airtight container for best results.
- Always use fresh ingredients, so it tastes the best.
- If giving it as a gift, don't make it more than a week in advance, so the person who receives it has time to eat it before it loses flavor.
If you are allergic to peanuts, simply omit the peanuts and substitute them for any of your favorite nuts. Also, substitute the peanut oil for vegetable oil.
If you don't have maple syrup or you don't like maple syrup, feel free to substitute it for honey. Honey is the same type of texture and will also be sweet enough for this recipe. Use the same amount of honey as you would use maple syrup, and you will be good to go.
I love adding a few extra ingredients here and there when I make this recipe. Try some of these ideas by adding ¼ - ½ cup of the following ingredients:
- Cranberries - Add in some dried cranberries after it's been baked. It gives you a tangy sweetness that's tasty.
- Chocolate - Use white chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate to give it some extra flavor. Don't add it until after it's baked because it will melt otherwise. Or drizzle melted chocolate on top after you remove it from the oven.
- Coconut - Add some unsweetened coconut to the mix after it's baked. Yum!
- Pretzels - Break up some pretzels and add them to the mixture. It's okay to bake them in the mix too.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg