Banana and chocolate for breakfast? With these Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes, you wish that breakfast time is three times a day. Super fluffy and pillowy. With whole banana chunks in it.
You know that I'm totally into breakfast for a while. This is the reason because more and more breakfast recipes are appearing on my blog lately. I can't imagine anymore how I handled this in the past where I had no breakfast at all. Every morning when I wake up, my body is craving for breakfast badly. I was never the breakfast type, but now I'm quite THE breakfast guy, I mean girl.
Since I have breakfast, I notice a huge difference in my creativity and power too. This is especially true for creating new recipes and photographing them. I'm happy to see an ongoing improvement in my photos and on my blog. My advice to you is that when you want to achieve something than work hard on it and keep believing in it. Even when it is hard sometimes, and success doesn't come overnight, don't give up. I have a clear picture in my head, what my photos and my blog should look like and I'm getting closer and closer.
Mario loved them so much that I had to make them a second time on the same day. For dinner. I know that pancakes are not that dinner food in general but who makes these rules? I don't blame anybody who is eating cake for breakfast and pancakes for dinner. When you love it, eat it.
These pancakes are super fluffy, soft, pillowy, and moist. It is like you eat a sweet cloud filled with banana chunks and chocolate chips. Did you read this? A sweet cloud filled with banana chunks and chocolate chips? If this isn't the greatest thing ever, I don't know what it is.
I added melted butter and also heavy cream. Yeah, they are definitely not for fast days. They are rich in flavor and extraordinarily delicious. Perfect for weekends where you can stay in your jammies all day long.
Before I made the batter, I chopped two bananas, sprinkled them with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and let them stand until I was finished with the batter. Then I folded them into the finished batter together with the chocolate chips.
When you bite into these pillowy pancakes, you bite into lots of banana chunks and chocolate chips. This is freakin' awesome.
I love the idea of adding banana chunks instead of mashing them and stir into the batter. The banana chunks are sweet, soft, and bring in a fresh kick.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour (180g)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (240ml)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (60ml)
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips (55g)
- Chop bananas into small chunks and sprinkle with cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a big mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, heavy cream, and vanilla* by hand until combined.
- Make a well in the flour and pour the egg mixture and the melted butter in the middle. Beginning from the middle to the edges, whisk continuously until smooth, and no lumps remain. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Use about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of batter per pancake. Depending on which size you prefer. Cook until little bubbles form on the surface, flip and continue to cook until pancake is browned. Repeat until you are running out of batter. Serve immediately with syrup, bananas, whipping cream, or chocolate chips on top.