This Homemade Brownie Recipe From Scratch is what you are looking for if you want to make the best and fudgiest brownies. Crispy top, super fudgy center, melting chocolate chunks, and lots of cocoa. With 11 tips for making super fudgy brownies from scratch. Just 9 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time.
Today we enter the super fudge zone.
This Homemade Brownie Recipe from Scratch is dedicated to all chocolate lovers who are ready for chocolate heaven.
What you can expect:
- Learn how to make the worlds fudgiest brownies
- One bowl recipe
- Very easy. Seriously.
- Less than 10 minutes of prep time. Woohoo.
- Fudge, fudge, fudge
- No mixer needed
- 1 cup cocoa!
Homemade Brownie Recipe From Scratch
Let’s get started.
Stir together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then sift in flour, cocoa, and salt. Fold in chocolate chunks. Transfer to baking pan and sprinkle with more chocolate chunks.
That’s it. That is the whole recipe. Written in 2 lines.
But let’s see which 11 tips for perfectly fudgy brownies we have.
1. Line the baking pan with parchment paper with an overhang on the sides that you can easily lift them out of the pan after baking.
2. The butter has to be melted but cooled. Heat the butter in the microwave until completely melted. Then let stand for 5 minutes that it cools down before using it. The butter shouldn’t be hot when mixing with the other ingredients. It should be warm.
3. Don’t mix the batter with a stand or handheld mixer. Use a whisk and stir by hand. This makes sure that you don’t mix in any air. The batter shouldn’t be light and airy. It should be dense and thick with no air pockets at all.
4. Don’t overmix the batter. Just until combined. No second longer as needed. Once the batter is fully incorporated, stop immediately stirring.
5. Use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of sweetened one. Sweetened cocoa would make the brownies too sweet. 2 cups of sugar and 1 + 1/4 cups of chopped chocolate is enough sweetness.
6. I recommend using high-quality chocolate from a brand you love. The chocolate chunks have a high impact on the flavor. I used half milk chocolate and half dark chocolate and chopped them roughly.
7. This is the most important advice: Do not overbake the brownies. The perfect time to get them out of the oven is when they have no jiggle anymore in the center and are just set to touch. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out dirty.
8. The best thing is to set the timer for 20 minutes for the first time. Then watch the brownies every 1-2 minutes until they reach the described consistency. Then write down the time your brownies took that you know how to bake them for the next time.
Maybe you don’t get PERFECT brownies at the very first time. But when you wrote down the minutes you baked them, you can adjust the baking time in both ways for the next time, either you baked them too short or too less. I can say that brownies which are baked too short are super delicious as well. But when you bake them too long, they are no chocolate brownies anymore but chocolate cake squares. The taste is then awesome as well but like I said…no brownies anymore.
I baked mine for exactly 27 minutes. But it’s so important to find out the baking time for YOUR oven. Every oven works differently. Older ones maybe don’t have the full power anymore. There are so many different reasons why the baking time is never the same in different ovens.
9. Baking the brownies on the middle shelf in the oven in a 9×13″ baking pan is leading into the best result for this homemade brownie recipe.
The brownies will continue baking in the pan once you took them out of the oven. So please, I’m begging you, don’t overbake your brownies.
10. Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully remove them from the pan and let cool to room temperature before you cut them.
11. Cut into 15 brownies (5×3). The brownies have then the perfect size.
This Homemade Brownie Recipe From Scratch is
- ultra fudgy
- super chocolatey
- very easy
- the best
- beyond delicious
Actually, I don’t need to say anything to “sell” this recipe to you. Just look at the pictures.
And yes this is chocolate ice cream and warm Nutella drizzle on top…↓↓↓
If you make this Homemade Brownie Recipe From Scratch, leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! Would love to see your snap!
This Homemade Brownie Recipe From Scratch is what you are looking for if you want to make the best and fudgiest brownies. Crispy top, super fudgy center, melting chocolate chunks, and lots of cocoa. With 11 tips for making super fudgy brownies from scratch. Just 9 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled (226g)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar (200g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (200g)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 cup flour (120g)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (84g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/4 cups high-quality chocolate, roughly chopped (7.5oz / 220g)
Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C (in the video stands 375°F but this is a typo, the 350°F are correct). Line a 9x13" baking pan with parchment paper with an overhang on the sides to easily lift the brownies out of the pan after baking. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl stir together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla* just until combined. Don't use a hand or stand mixer or you have too much air pockets in the batter, and this makes the brownies cakey instead of fudgy. Stir by hand with a whisk. Sift in flour, cocoa, and salt and stir just until combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of chopped chocolate. Spread evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top.
Bake for 23-30 minutes until the brownies don't jiggle anymore and are just set to touch. A toothpick should come out dirty. Don't overbake the brownies or they are getting cakey. Because every oven is different, set the timer for 20 minutes for the first time and check every 1-2 minutes until the brownies are done. Then write down the time the brownies needed in your oven for the next time. Maybe they are perfect at the second time you bake them. I baked mine exactly 27 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. They will keep baking in the pan. Then carefully transfer with the paper to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into 15 brownies (5x3) before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your sharp knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.