This weekend was great. The weather was just perfect. I did an extended walk along the river with my husband and tanked up lots of energy. The sun was shining, and we had 62°F. We were walking, sitting, tanning, chatting, ice-cream-eating, and enjoying. Just my husband and me.
So this weekend pushed me right in the middle of spring feelings. And this comes along with Easter feelings. Easter Bunny is on its way to bring us lots of sweets, eggs, and.....correct.....carrots. So I thought it's the right time to kick off the Easter baking season.
With being this said I think it's quite obvious to you, that I will start this baking season with this delicious cake. It's quite an Easter classic. It has to be baked around this season. And this is what we are going to do right now. Grab your carrots and follow me.
This recipe is fairly easy to make. You just need to grate your carrots and mix everything together. You are going to spend less than 20 minutes in your kitchen.
Sounds great? It is! And you have more time to decorate your house, start off the gardening season, or just enjoy the spring weather. I call this a win-win situation. A win for your cravings - win for your timetable.
Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups carrots shredded
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup cream cheese, soft
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 cups powder sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9x13 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Let it hang over on each side to easily lift the Carrot Cake out of the pan after baking. Set aside.
- Stir eggs, vanilla, sugars and oil with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment together just until combined.
- Add flour baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Then stir in carrots on low speed just until combined.
- Transfer batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Therefore, mix butter until creamy. Then add cream cheese and mix until combined. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Then lift it out of the baking pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost it and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.