These chewy S'mores cookies have ooey gooey chunks of chocolate, mini marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers. They make you feel like you are at a campfire. You only need 15 minutes of prep and 10 ingredients to make this amazing treat. By the way, have you tried my chocolate chip cookies yet?
Why you will love this recipe
- The cookies are soft and chewy with crispy edges.
- Expect to bite into gooey chocolate and marshmallow chunks with every bite.
- It only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It's a no-chill cookie dough!
- You only need 10 ingredients to make them.
In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar just until combined for about 1 minute.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix just until combined, which takes about 1 minute.
Then add graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt and mix just until combined, another 1 minute.
Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate until incorporated.
Spoon 12 evenly sized cookies on the prepared baking sheets with about 4-inch space in between. Then bake, cool, and serve.
Expert tips for success
- Spoon and leSpoon the flour into the measuring cup and level. Don't pack the flour or you'll end up with dry and hard golf balls instead of delicious cookies.
- Don't mix the cookie dough for too long or you'll incorporate too much air and the cookies will be cakey.
- Make sure to remove them from the oven as soon as they look pale, puffy, and dry. They should appear slightly underbaked in the center as they will continue to bake on the baking sheet after removing from the oven.
Notes on chocolate and marshmallows
Chocolate bars - To recreate the authentic S'mores experience, I recommend using Hershey's bars and breaking them into pieces rather than using chocolate chips.
Mini marshmallows - The marshmallows will melt in the cookie dough, forming little gooey pockets in the cookies. If you prefer to use a giant marshmallow to create a big gooey center, you can make the batter without mini marshmallows and press a giant marshmallow into the center of the cookie balls, covering it completely.
You can store them in an airtight container for 4 days at room temperature. Make sure they have cooled all the way before putting them in a storage container because otherwise, they will become mushy from condensation.
Typically, marshmallows do not freezer well, but these cookies freeze very well. Make sure to store the cookies in an airtight freezer bag or container to keep them from freezer burn. They will last around 3 months.
More cookie recipes to try
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Buckeye Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies
- Pistachio Cookies
By the way, have you seen my handy list of cookies made with chocolate chips?
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup milk chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar just until combined for about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix just to combine, for about 1 minute.
- Then add graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt and mix just until combined, another 1 minute. Do not overmix at any step.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate until incorporated.
- Spoon 12 evenly sized cookies on the prepared baking sheets with about 4-inch space in between. Bake the cookies for about 9-11 minutes. Please don't overbake your cookies. Remove them from the oven as soon as they start looking dry on the tops, puffed, and pale.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely. The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.
These were soooo yummy!! Super easy and a for sure crowd pleaser, I will be bringing them to so many summer bbqs 🙂