This no-bake chocolate cheesecake is rich, chocolaty, and so creamy. It's the real deal for every chocoholic. This delicious no-bake chocolate dessert is easy to make with just a few ingredients and requires little prep time. By the way, have you tried my no-bake blueberry cheesecake yet?
Step-by-step video tutorial
Crumble the Oreo cookies (with the filling!) into fine crumbs and mix with the cocoa powder and butter. Then place the crumbs in a springform pan lined with parchment paper and use the bottom of a flat-bottomed cup to press the crust into the bottom and halfway up the sides. Freeze the crust until you're done with the filling.
Blend the cream cheese until creamy. Then add the sugar and cocoa and beat until well combined and smooth. Add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until combined and creamy. Then add the whipped cream and mix until creamy. Then add the filling to the crust and chill in the fridge.
Expert tips for success
- Line the bottom and sides of the springform pan with paper so you don't have to worry about removing the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- The quickest way to get oreo cookie crumbs is to place the oreo cookie sandwiches (including the filling) in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until finely ground into crumbs. Alternatively, you can put them in a ziplock bag and use the rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs.
- The recipe works with both brick-style cream cheese (US) and spreadable cream cheese (UK). Brick style cream cheese should be at room temperature and spreadable cream cheese can be used cold.
- Allow the chocolate to cool before mixing it into the cream cheese mixture. Otherwise, the filling could become too soft, which would affect the creamy texture.
- After adding the whipping cream, be sure to mix the filling until stiff peaks form.
- Let the no-bake chocolate cheesecake set in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Keep it in the fridge all the time. Do not leave at room temperature for more than 15 minutes or the filling will become too soft, making the cheesecake difficult to cut.
Which chocolate is best for the filling?
Use quality chocolate bars from a chocolate brand you love. I don't recommend chocolate with less than 45% or more than 60% cacao as the cheesecake would be either too sweet or not sweet at all. The recipe is designed with 50% semi-sweet chocolate and my favorite chocolate brands are Ghirardelli, Guittard and Lindt.
Note: Do not use chocolate chips or the filling may become grainy and less creamy.
How long does it last
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Make ahead and freezing instructions
- Whole cake - After chilling, freeze in the freezer for 1 hour. Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in a large freezer bag or container. Unwrap to thaw and store covered in the fridge overnight. Serve the next day.
- Single slices - Freeze for 1 hour. Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in freezer bags. To thaw, unwrap and let sit on the counter for 1 hour, or thaw covered in the refrigerator overnight.
More cheesecake recipes to try
If you love cheesecakes, you will love the following recipes as well.
- No-bake strawberry cheesecake
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Mini New York Style Cheesecakes
- Air Fryer Cheesecake
- Coconut Cheesecake
No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Oreo cookie crust
- 14 oz Oreo cookies with filling - about 36, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate bars, melted and cooled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line a 9" (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crust: In a large bowl, stir together Oreo crumbs, melted butter, and cocoa until well combined and evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared pan and use the bottom of a flat-bottomed cup to press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Freeze until the filling is prepared.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk or paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until creamy, about 1 minute. Add sugar and cocoa and mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in the vanilla and melted chocolate just to combine. Add heavy whipping cream and mix until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon filling into the crust and spread evenly. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.