I’m super excited to show you one of my top 5 favorite sweet treats today. Yes absolutely right, top 5!!! So you can expect that something rrrrreally delicious shows up on my blog today! Cinnamon Buns! OMG! I could die for it!
What’s under your top 5 sweet treats? I know it’s a hard decision to make, but I think every one of us has kind of special and most favorite sweets in our minds when sweet cravings are starting overwhelming us. Amiright??
I love everything about Cinnamon Buns. The smell, the look, the taste, the consistency. Everything! In my nearby shopping center, there is a Cinnabon shop. The smell which is coming out of the shop is so adorable. I mean, it’s everywhere, the whole area around the shop smells like cinnamon and sugar. It’s really hard for me to pass by and not to buy and eat a dozen of the big ones. These ooey gooey Cinnamon Buns topped with salty sweet Cream Cheese Frosting are over the top! You see I seriously have a thing for them. ♥But these perfect Cinnamon Buns are very pricey, at least here in Austria. So I started making Cinnamon Buns on myself and experimented and tried many of different Cinnamon Buns recipes. And I found it! The best Cinnamon Buns recipe I’ve ever tried. I mean it!
Save money and though eating the best Cinnamon Buns ever? And the whole house smells like cinnamon and sugar too? Hell ya!The dough of this recipe is super soft, and throughout baking, the cinnamon-brown-sugar-butter-filling is bubbling in the center. It has a strong vanilla flavor because of the instant vanilla pudding mix used in the dough. Then I topped it with a sweet-salty Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. The combination of all these flavors is like a taste-buds-birthday. Your mouth is going to celebrate a big party.
This recipe is going to change your life at this point. There is no way back.
If you try this ooey gooey Cinnamon Buns recipe leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! WANNA SEEEEEEEEEE!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour plus more as needed
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix no cook
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powder sugar sifted
- 1 vanilla bean
- Combine hot water with milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter, sugar, salt, egg, and 1 cup flour and stir with a paddle attachment until combined.
- Add 2 more cups of flour, vanilla pudding mix, and dry yeast and stir until combined and even.
- Then switch from the paddle attachment to the dough hook, add a 1/2 cup flour and knead 1-2 minutes. Add more flour as needed to get a smooth and kneadable dough (at most a further 1/2 cup flour), and knead for about 10-15 minutes until the dough is smooth. You can also do this step with your hands.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl and grease the top of the dough too. Cover the bowl with a dry towel and let rise for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- For the filling microwave butter for about 20 seconds until almost liquid. Stir butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined and set aside.
- Knead the dough by hand for about 1 minute to remove the air bubbles. Then roll it into a rectangle, spread the filling evenly over the dough, and roll it up. Cut into 12 equal sized pieces. I used non-flavored dental floss for cutting, but you can use a sharp knife too. Place Cinnamon Buns in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish, cover with a dry towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes until almost doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare cream cheese frosting. Therefore whisk butter until it is soft. Then add cream cheese and vanilla* and mix until it is smooth and evenly. Add sifted powder sugar and whisk for about 1 minute until your frosting is smooth. Let chill in the refrigerator until your Cinnamon Buns are finished.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put your Cinnamon Buns in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes, frost them when they are still warm, and enjoy it.
- These Cinnamon Buns will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you want to eat a Cinnamon Bun, then take out of the fridge and microwave for about 20 seconds until the frosting is lightly melting.
*First, cut off the straight end of the vanilla bean. Then place the tip of your sharp knife below the curled end and cut the vanilla bean through the middle of the bean lengthwise. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Just use the seeds.