These super soft White Chocolate Muffins are perfect for dessert or breakfast. Just 9 ingredients and 10 minutes prep time. Soft, rich, and moist.
Why the heck is white chocolate not as popular as milk or even dark chocolate?
I have to say that I love white chocolate. I mean, I love every kind of chocolate, but white chocolate is very special.
Mario doesn't love white chocolate as much as I do. Funny is that I recently saw on TV that men prefer white chocolate and woman dark or milk chocolate. This is definitely not true for us. He likes white chocolate, but he is not super thrilled when I say "this week, I bake white chocolate anything." Until now...
With this White Chocolate Muffins recipe, he is now converted to us white chocolate lovers. Woohoo.
How should a perfect muffin be? Soft, rich, and moist.
And to get super soft, rich, and moist White Chocolate Muffins, I increased the amount of oil in the batter. The batter is thick enough that the white chocolate chunks don't sink up and as liquid as possible to get a lighter texture at the end. The texture is in-between a cupcake and a muffin.
I didn’t just add white chocolate chunks to the muffins. To get the ultimate white chocolate taste, it was clear that I need to add white chocolate to the muffins batter itself.
After experimenting a few times, I ended up with adding 3 tbsp of grated white chocolate. The texture was much better than with adding melted white chocolate. I grated the chocolate like parmesan.
These White Chocolate Muffins are
- actually Double White Chocolate Muffins because we have chocolate in the batter and additional chocolate chunks
- super soft, moist, and rich
- extremely easy and quick to make
- perfect for dessert or breakfast
- to-die-for delicious
If you make this super awesome White Chocolate Muffins recipe, leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #alsothecrumbsplease on Instagram! Would love to see your snap!
White Chocolate Muffins
- 2 ¼ cups flour (270g)
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar (150g)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (240ml)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp white chocolate, grated (13g)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate chunks) (160g)
Additional white chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla* just until combined. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in grated white chocolate and white chocolate chips. Divide batter into muffin liners and sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top. Fill liners almost full. You will get about 12 muffins. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (220°C) then lower the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake additional 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature. Store leftovers at room temperature up to 3 days.