These super moist Banana Nut Muffins are topped with a cinnamon walnut streusel. Lots of fresh banana chunks and walnuts are packed into these muffins. Super easy to make! With video.
- are moist and soft
- have an intense cinnamon flavor
- come with a dense but soft texture
- have a super intense banana flavor
- are topped with an irresistible cinnamon walnut topping
- are loaded with walnuts and fresh banana chunks!!
It is my new favorite muffins and banana anything recipe! The chance that you are going to love this recipe is very high. If you love bananas, you will love this recipe.
This recipe is very, very easy. I don't even think that you can make anything wrong or that they couldn't turn out well, as long as you stick to the recipe.
The ingredients are combined one after another, and you don't need an electric mixer. Just a whisk. Don't overmix at any step, just until combined. The whole process will take less than 15 minutes including making the streusel.
In the batter are mashed bananas and also banana chunks to have the most intense banana flavor possible.
To have different textures, I added 1 cup of chopped walnuts. They give the muffins a nice crunch.
Isn't it just awesome when you bite into a muffin, and it is not just overwhelmingly delicious but has different textures too? It is proofed that people love to have different textures in their food.
So in this case, you bite into the soft and moist muffin and have a little crunch because of the walnuts. The topping is sweet, has an intense cinnamon flavor, and comes with a little extra crunch on top.
The topping contains flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and walnuts. I chopped the walnuts for the topping very finely, but this is up to your preference. You can chop the walnuts roughly if preferred.
If you want to cut down the sugar, then replace the topping with walnuts or oats.
Super Moist Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
banana nut muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10.5 oz mashed bananas (300g)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar (100g)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (130g)
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, cut into small chunks
cinnamon walnut streusel
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (60g)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (67g)
- ⅛ cup walnuts, chopped (16g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed (56g)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line two 12 muffin pans with about 19-20 muffin liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the muffins: In a large mixing bowl stir with a whisk mashed bananas and sugar just until combined. Slowly stir in vegetable oil just until combined. Add eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla* and stir just until incorporated. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don't overmix at any step. Fold in walnuts and banana chunks just until combined. Set aside.
- Make the streusel: (Chop walnuts very finely or roughly to your preference) In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and butter and mix together with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Divide batter into muffin liners and sprinkle with streusel on top. Fill liners almost full. You will get about 19-20 muffins. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (220°C) then lower the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake additional 11-14 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Don't overbake otherwise, your muffins will end up dry. Let cool for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.