This ultra-creamy Eggnog Truffles recipe is made with lots of eggnog and requires just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes prep time.
Just 17 days left until Santa is coming.
Hi, my friend! How are you doing so far? Are you totally in Christmas mood? Did you already decorate the whole house singing and dancing?
Today we head into recipe No.6 of our 2017s Christmas baking journey. How many recipes did you already make? Is your house smelling like cinnamon, sugar, chocolate, rum, eggnog, gingerbread? If not then make sure that you are well prepared and armed with the best of the best Christmas recipes for your holidays asap.
Click here to see my favorite Christmas baking recipes. All recipes are easy to make, and a must-have for Christmas.
Ok, let's dive into today's recipe. Imagine creamy and spiked truffles made with real eggnog. ¾ cup of eggnog and 3 tbsp of rum. And 2 vanilla beans. Oh. My. We get a load of flavor today.
I figured out how to add as much of it as possible but with being firm enough to dip them in chocolate in the end. As I said, I added ¾ cup of this creamy punch. I think you can imagine how creamy they are...
The white chocolate and the butter give them a nice texture. The white chocolate is not dominating the taste.
I froze mine for about 15 minutes and scooped them with an ice cream scoop. I leveled the back of the scoops by pushing in the back of the truffles after scooping. Then place them on parchment paper and freeze them for 1 hour until really firm.
To make sure that they don't melt away why dipping in chocolate, melt chocolate at the time when you put the truffles in the freezer and let it cool to almost room temperature.
Super Creamy Eggnog Truffles
- 1 cup butter (226g)
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate melted (9.3 oz / 262g)
- ¾ cup eggnog (180ml)
- 3 tbsp rum
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 ⅓ cups white chocolate melted (14.1 oz / 400g)
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat butter on medium speed until soft for about 1-2 minutes. Add melted chocolate and mix until creamy for about 1 minute. Add eggnog and mix on low speed just until combined. Add rum and vanilla* and mix until well combined and smooth. Chill for about 15 minutes in the freezer until firm enough to scoop with an ice cream scoop. Level the back of the scoops with your hand by pushing slightly against it (watch also video above). Place scoops on a parchment paper layered sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate and let dry in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon before serving if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
If you don't see a video here, please check your browser settings.