This Eggnog Gingerbread Tiramisu is simply amazing. Imagine an eggnog mascarpone cream layered between coffee-dipped gingerbread men, topped with a layer of whipped cream and dusted with cocoa powder. It's a showstopper Holiday dessert that everyone loves!
Step-by-step video tutorial
Expert tips for success
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone cream on the bottom of the dish to easily release individual slices from the dish. This will avoid the soaked cookies sticking to the bottom.
- Don't mix the cream for too long. Mascarpone curdles quickly. Just blend it long enough to combine the ingredients. It's important to understand that the filling is not supposed to be light and fluffy like whipped cream, so don't be tempted to mix it longer than recommended.
- Strong espresso is the best choice for this dessert for maximum coffee flavor. Depending on how long you soak them, you may need more or less coffee. I usually need ½ - 1 cup of espresso.
Tips on ingredient swaps
- You can use any type of cookies for this recipe, such as gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, chocolate chip cookies, or Oreos.
- If you're serving this dessert to kids or people who don't drink alcohol, you can simply substitute alcohol-free eggnog, cinnamon or chai-spice milk and omit the rum. You can also make my traditional tiramisu recipe instead.
- Depending on how you want to decorate it, you can top it with whipped cream, and sprinkle with cocoa powder, chocolate flakes, or gingerbread men cookie crumbs to your liking.
How long does it last
It can be safely eaten for at least up to 2 days. Be sure to use super fresh egg yolks and dairy for maximum freshness. Trust your senses and look, smell and taste it.
More festive desserts to try
- Eggnog Cheesecake
- Linzer Cookies
- Eggnog Truffles
- Chocolate Truffles
- Thumbprint Cookies
Eggnog Gingerbread Tiramisu
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 ¼ cups mascarpone
- ½ cup eggnog
- 14-18 gingerbread men cookies (about 4-inch in size)
- ½ cup strong black coffee (espresso preferred)
- 1 tablespoon light or dark rum
- Optional whipped cream, unsweetened cocoa, chocolate sprinkles, or gingerbread men cookie crumbs for decoration
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside. You can use either an electric mixer or a whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and sugar on medium-high speed until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the mascarpone and mix just until well combined. Add ¼ cup eggnog and mix on low speed until combined and creamy. Then fold in ¼ of the whipped cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together coffee, remaining eggnog, and rum.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone cream in the bottom of a 9" x 7" casserole dish to lightly cover the bottom.
- Dip the gingerbread men cookies into the coffee mixture on both sides and arrange about 7-9 cookies (depending on the size of your cookies) on top of the cream. Spread half of the cream on top. Repeat this step one more time.
- Pipe the remaining whipped cream on top, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with cocoa just before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.