This homemade vanilla milkshake requires only 3 ingredients. Vanilla bean, ice cream, and milk is all you need. This single-serve recipe is super easy to make, and you can be enjoying this creamy treat in minutes. Top it with whipped cream and cocktail cherry, or add sprinkles. By the way, have you tried my chocolate milkshake?
Easy - It's a very beginner-friendly recipe. It's a fun and quick recipe to make with kids. The easiest way is to use a blender or food processor, but you can also make it without a blender. Simply let the ice cream soften for 5-10 minutes at room temperature, then gradually add the other ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
Ingredients - You only need 3 ingredients. Vanilla ice cream, milk and vanilla bean.
Customizable - If you don't have real bourbon vanilla beans available, you can use 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract instead. It is also possible to use vanilla bean ice cream and skip adding extra vanilla if desired. You can also use whipping cream instead of milk if you prefer a richer shake.
Color - It is light and pale yellow in color. The ice cream used determines the color of the ice cream shake. The more yellow the ice cream, the more yellow the milkshake will be. If you want to add yellow food coloring, add just 1-2 drops.
Occasion – It goes very well with burgers or sliders and is super refreshing on hot summer days. Enjoy it all year round and not just on National Vanilla Milkshake Day.
Texture - This shake is super thick and creamy and melts wonderfully in your mouth. However, if you prefer thinner shakes, blend it a little longer or just let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, you can also thin it by adding an additional 1-2 tablespoon (15-30 ml) milk.
- Use only the best quality vanilla ice cream that you would eat as a treat. Vanilla bean ice cream is my favorite.
- The seeds of a real bourbon vanilla bean give the best taste. Vanilla extract just isn’t the same.
Do you know what goes well with milkshakes? Air Fryer Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Air Fryer Burgers, and Cheeseburgers! To recreate the most epic diner experience at home, you need to know how to make the best hamburger patties. You will also need a light and fluffy brioche burger bun and a finger-licking burger sauce.
Homemade Vanilla Milkshake
- ½ pint vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- First, cut off both ends of the vanilla bean and cut it through the middle lengthwise using the tip of a sharp knife. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of the knife.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla bean seeds and blend until smooth, creamy, and evenly mixed, about 20-30 seconds.
- Transfer to a tall glass and top with whipped cream and cocktail cherry or your favorite toppings.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.