Forget about fast food shakes. This chocolate milkshake is so much better. It's thick, creamy, and once it touches your tongue, it melts wonderfully. This single-serve recipe consists of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, Hershey's syrup, and milk. That's all you need to make this chocolaty ice cream shake. By the way, have you tried my vanilla milkshake?
Easy – Making milkshakes is effortless and suitable for beginners. The easiest way is to use a blender or food processor, but you can also make it without a blender. Just let the ice cream soften for 5-10 minutes at room temperature, then gradually add the other ingredients and stir until combined.
Ingredients – You only need 4 ingredients: vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup and milk.
Customizable - You can customize this recipe to your liking. What about adding a dollop of peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, or Nutella, replacing ice cream flavors, swapping chocolate syrup for caramel, using cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup or adding peppermint extract? It’s also great to add chocolate chips or chopped candy bars. Top it with a variety of toppings like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, pretzels, marshmallows, or peanuts. Create the milkshake of your dreams.
Occasion – It goes very well with burgers or sliders and is super refreshing on hot summer days, but it is perfect for every occasion and every season.
Texture – When I think of ice cream shakes, I prefer them thick and creamy. However, if you prefer it thinner, blend it a little longer or let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, you can also thin it by adding an additional 1-2 tablespoon (15-30ml) milk.
- Use only the best quality ice cream that you would eat as a treat.
- Use chocolate syrup that is made for ice cream toppings. Otherwise, it could be that the chocolate syrup hardens or stiffens when combined with the ice cream and wouldn’t blend very well. I prefer Hershey’s syrup.
Do you know what goes well with milkshakes? Air Fryer Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Air Fryer Hamburgers, and Cheeseburgers! To recreate the most epic diner experience at home, you need to know how to make the best hamburger patties. You will also need a light and fluffy brioche burger bun and a finger-licking burger sauce. I also have an epic edible brownie batter for you!
- ¼ pint chocolate ice cream
- ¼ pint vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, milk, and chocolate syrup and blend until smooth, creamy, and evenly mixed, about 20-30 seconds.
- Transfer to a tall glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup or your favorite toppings.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.