This beautiful and colorful pumpkin cake is very easy to make. Super soft and moist. Little prep time needed.
This recipe is very easy to make. You just need to mix everything in a bowl, then color the half of the cake with cocoa, and pour the batter in two spring pans. This takes less than 10 minutes of your time.
The maple frosting comes together in 1 bowl and less than 5 minutes. Whisk the ingredients until soft and creamy. That's it.
When the cakes are cooled to room temperature, spread the frosting all over the bottom layer and place the top layer on top. Spread the remaining frosting on top and around the edges. Sprinkle with chopped pecan nuts if desired (highly recommended!).
This cake is super soft and moist. A good amount of brown sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin puree keeps the cake soft and moist. Because of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, the cake is very tasty and has a strong flavor.
The cream cheese frosting has 1/4 cup of maple syrup in it. The dominant taste of the maple syrup comes perfectly along with the saltiness of the cream cheese. This combination makes the frosting light and fresh though sweet and flavorful.
You may also like S'mores Cake.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (150g)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (50g)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (240ml)
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (425g)
- 2 1/4 cups flour (270g)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cups butter, room temperature (280g)
- 1 cup cream cheese (225g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60ml)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (360g)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line the bottom of two 9" (20cm) spring pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the cake: In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, stir eggs, brown and white sugar, oil, and pumpkin puree on medium speed until smooth and well combined for about 2-3 minutes. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and stir just to combine. Pour the half of the batter into the two prepared spring pans equally. In a small bowl combine cocoa with water and stir until smooth. Add to remaining batter and stir to combine. Pour the dark batter on top of the bright batter equally. Run a knife through to draw a beautiful pattern. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick centered in the middle comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Whisk butter in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until creamy. Add cream cheese and stir until smooth and combined. Add maple syrup and stir until creamy and fully combined. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla* and mix until combined. Chill in the fridge until the cake is cooled to room temperature.
- Spread about 2/3 of the frosting all over the bottom layer, place top layer on top, and spread the remaining frosting on top and around the edges. Let chill in the fridge until frosting is firm for about 1-2 hours. Sprinkle with chopped pecan nuts if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.