Banana Bread is one of those classics that we can't get enough of! It's incredibly easy to make and only requires a bowl and a whisk to prepare. This recipe will have a place in your favorite recipe collections because of its moist and moist crumb and intensely banana-y flavor. By the way, have you tried my apple bread yet?
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and set aside. Then mix mashed bananas and sugar until combined. Then slowly add oil while whisking and stir just to combine.
Add eggs, and vanilla, and whisk just until incorporated.
Then add the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
Fold in banana chunks until evenly combined and transfer to a 9x5x3-inch (23x13x8cm) loaf pan and spread evenly.
Top with a halved banana and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired. This is optional but highly recommended. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
How ripe do the bananas need to be
I recommend using very ripe bananas with lots of black spots that are almost completely brown. The browner the banana, the sweeter the bread will be. If you have very fresh and yellow bananas, you can make the bananas ripen faster by placing them in a paper bag with an apple overnight.
If you don't have time or want to wait for your bananas to ripen, add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup to a 1-cup (240ml) measuring cup and fill it up with mashed bananas. This will give you a sweetness and moisture level similar to that of using very ripe bananas.
Expert tips for success
- I strongly recommend measuring the mashed bananas and not orienting yourself on a set number of bananas. It is impossible to tell how much banana puree will end up in the bread if it is not measured, as bananas vary greatly in weight and size.
- Whisk the batter by hand. If using an electric mixer, it's possible to overmix the batter. If you overmix the batter, too much gluten develops in the bread. The result would be a dense and rubbery loaf.
Can I use an 8x4-inch loaf pan?
The batter is too much for this pan size and will likely overflow during baking. I recommend using a 9x5-inch (23x13cm) loaf pan. If you have only an 8x4-inch (20x10cm) loaf pan, you can scoop some batter into 2-3 muffin liners and bake the muffins for about 15-18 minutes.
How long does it last
Stored in an airtight container at room temperature, it will remain soft and moist for up to 4 days.
Once completely cooled, cut into slices, wrap in plastic wrap twice and store in freezer bags or containers for up to 3 months. To thaw, unwrap, and let sit on the counter for 1-2 hours. You can also serve it warm by reheating it in the microwave for 15-25 seconds.
More banana recipes to try
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Bananas Foster Cake
- Banana Walnut Muffins
- Banana Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Cream Pie
Super Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup mild-flavored vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium ripe banana, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9x5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper with an overhang around the edges to easily lift the bread out of the pan after baking.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, whisk mashed bananas and brown sugar just until combined. Slowly whisk in oil just to combine. Add eggs and vanilla and stir just to combine. Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Fold in banana chunks. Transfer batter to the prepared pan.
- Optional: In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Top the batter with the halved banana and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Then remove it from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.