This garlic pizza recipe is so easy to make and you only need 4 ingredients. The light and bubbly pizza crust is topped with parmesan, olive oil, and garlic. You can top it with additional toppings or serve it as is. It's the perfect recipe for weekend movie nights, game days, or any other occasion. I highly recommend my slow-rise pizza crust for the best homemade pizza possible as it is light, airy, crispy, chewy, and full of bubbles.
- Flavor - The combination of parmesan, olive oil, and garlic is so good. The parmesan on the pizza crust adds so much flavor and is a great base for homemade garlic oil. However, you can adapt the recipe to your liking and, for example, omit the parmesan or replace it with any other cheese. It's also delicious to top the freshly baked pizza with fresh herbs such as rocket or basil. Also, a drizzle of lemon fits very well. To add a light tanginess to the crust, try my sourdough pizza crust.
- Skill level - This is a recipe for beginners. You only need 4 ingredients, and there is no need for outstanding pizza stretching and shaping skills as there is no pizza sauce or other toppings for the dough to hold. Simply shape the dough to your abilities and liking.
- The best possible homemade pizza you achieve by using a pizza steel. It's well worth the investment if you plan to bake pizza at home regularly and don't have a wood oven. It transforms your domestic oven into a professional oven, and you will just love how crispy, bubbly, and light your pizza crust turns out.
- For easier handling, I recommend using a pizza peel for transferring the pizza dough to the oven. Sprinkle it generously with semolina flour before you place the dough onto it. You will see how easily the dough slides into the oven without sticking.
- Two small pizzas are easier to handle than one large one. So, I recommend dividing the pizza dough in half and making two smaller crusts.
Can I make it in advance?
I recommend serving garlic pizza when it's fresh and hot. The crust is the best when freshly baked. However, you can prepare the pizza dough in advance and refrigerate or freeze it until you need it. Then prepare, bake, and serve.
Can I reheat it?
Absolutely. You can use either the oven or an air fryer to reheat. If you're using an oven, preheat it to 400°F (204°C), and bake the crust for 2-3 minutes. If you are using an air fryer, preheat it to 390°F (199°C), and bake for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftover slices can be stored covered at room temperature, but I recommend eating them the same day. Also, it's best to store the crust without the garlic oil on top. Then reheat the leftovers and brush with the garlic oil before serving.
Prepare the pizza dough according to the instructions and shape it to your liking.
Transfer the dough to the prepared pizza peel or baking paper and sprinkle the parmesan evenly on top. Transfer the crust to the oven and bake until it is baked through.
Remove the pizza crust from the oven, brush the garlic oil with the garlic pieces on top, and serve.
If you can't get enough of pizza, you've come to the right place. Try the following recipes:
Recipe and Video
- 1 pizza dough*
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven and a baking sheet to 475°F / 250°C for 20-30 minutes. If you are baking with a pizza steel, preheat for 45-60 minutes.
- If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle it generously with semolina and set it aside. Otherwise, sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with semolina and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic and set aside.
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the instructions, divide it in half, and shape it to your liking. Transfer the dough to the prepared pizza peel or baking paper and sprinkle the parmesan evenly on top.
- Transfer the crust to the oven and bake until it is baked through. The baking time depends on which dough you choose, how thick it is, and what equipment you use. If you use and follow my pizza dough recipe, bake for 5-7 minutes when using a pizza steel and for 8-12 minutes when using a baking sheet. If you use storebought pizza dough, follow the directions on the package.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven, brush the garlic oil with the garlic pieces on top, and serve.
* You can use either store-bought dough, yeast pizza dough, or sourdough pizza dough.