These ground beef burritos are filled with creamy guacamole and are perfect for lunch or dinner. They are easy to make and a huge crowd-pleaser. You can't go wrong with these beefy Mexican wraps. My family loves them filled with rice, cheese, beans, sour cream, lettuce, and hot sauce.
Taco Bell style seasoning
The ground beef is seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices inspired by Taco Bell Taco Seasoning. I use chile powder for the homemade taco seasoning, but you can also use chili powder and substitute 1:1.
Here's how I usually fill these guacamole beef burritos (besides the beef and guacamole):
- Mexican blend cheese (you can use cheddar if you prefer)
- cooked white rice (I love sticky white rice, but use whatever you like best)
- black beans
- iceberg lettuce
- sour cream
- hot sauce
Feel free to add or substitute the ingredients to your liking. For example, corn, refried beans, peppers, jalapeños, salsa, or nachos also make great burrito fillings.
How to roll a burrito (step-by-step)
It's easy to go overboard with the fillings and find yourself unable to close, let alone roll a burrito. Fill just enough (about ⅓) so that the burrito closes easily, leaving enough tortilla wrap to overlap at the ends.
Start with filling the burrito with all the ingredients you like to have warm, so beef, rice, and cheese, and microwave until the cheese is melted.
Then top with all the fresh ingredients, so guacamole, beans, lettuce, sour cream, and hot sauce.
Pick up the left and right sides of the wrap and fold towards the center over the filling.
Then lift the side of the wrap facing you, fold over the center, and roll up the burrito.
Repeat until all burritos are assembled.
Note: Watch the recipe video for a full visual guide.
How long do they last
Filled beef burritos will keep in the fridge for 1 day. You may want to store all ingredients separately in the fridge and assemble the burritos just before serving, as the lettuce will soften and the guacamole will turn brown after a while. In this case, it lasts for up to 2 days.
Can I reheat them?
Depending on the filling, burritos can be reheated the same day. If they are filled with guacamole, lettuce, and sour cream, those ingredients will also get hot, and that might not be desirable. If you only filled your beef burritos with beef, rice, cheese and beans, here's how to reheat them.
- Oven - 350°F (177°C) for 5-8 minutes.
- Microwave - 1-2 minutes.
- Air Fryer - 325°F (163°C) for 4-6 minutes.
Can I freeze them?
I don't recommend freezing the filled beef burritos if you've filled yours with lettuce, sour cream, and guacamole for the reasons above. If you fill your beef wraps with just the ground beef mixture, rice, cheese, and beans, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
More comfort food recipes to try
If you love comfort food, you've come to the right place. Here are some of my favorite recipes for you to try.
- Crispy Calamari
- Air Fryer Chicken
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Pretzel Bacon Burger
- Classic Cheeseburger
- Garlic Pizza
- Warm Lobster Rolls
Ground Beef Burritos with Guacamole
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon chile powder (or chili powder)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup water
- 6 soft flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup guacamole
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- hot sauce to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over high heat until browned for about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add garlic, onion, paprika, chile powder, cayenne, salt, and sugar, and stir to combine. Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to combine. Then add the water and stir.
- Simmer for 2-4 minutes, until the sauce has thickened but not completely evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- Place a flour tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and arrange the beef, rice, and cheese in the center third of the tortilla, leaving 1-1.5" (2.5-2.8cm) of space on the left and right sides. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the guacamole on top and add the beans, sour cream, lettuce, and hot sauce.
- Pick up the left and right sides of the wrap and fold towards the center over the filling. Then lift the side of the wrap facing you, fold over the center, and roll up the burrito. Repeat until all burritos are assembled. Serve and enjoy!
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.
Loved this recipe, easy to make and well balanced spices.