When I first tried the air fryer breakfast boiled egg toast, it felt like a delightful revelation.
This isn't just another breakfast dish—it's a symphony of flavors and textures that I've genuinely come to love.
So, why this particular recipe? It's simple: while other versions often disappoint with uneven toast or poorly cooked eggs, this one gets it spot on every time.
Crispy toast paired with a perfectly boiled egg? Yes, please!
If you're in search of a standout morning meal, this recipe is sure to become a cherished favorite in your breakfast rotation.
- 2 slices of bread
- boiled egg
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped bell pepper
Kitchen Tools and Equipment Needed
- Air fryer
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- Cooking spatula
- Serving dish
Boil the eggs for 8 minutes or longer. Once they are done, peel the eggs, grate the cheese, and slice the bell pepper into thin pieces.
In a bowl, use a fork to mash the boiled egg, then mix it thoroughly with the grated cheese.
Note: I’m using Gouda, but feel free to use your favorite cheese. However, I suggest you opt for milder ingredients so that they don’t overpower other flavors. Edam or Gouda cheese are excellent choices.
Preheat the air fryer 360°F (180ºC). My air fryer is the Instant Vortex Plus XL.
Place the slices of bread at the bottom of the air fryer basket. If they fit, you can place two or even four slices. Air fry the bread for 2 minutes.
Once the bread is slightly toasted, use a spoon to spread the egg and cheese mixture onto the bread. Top it off with some chopped bell pepper pieces, adding a fresh element to the final toast.
Place another slice of bread on top and air fry for approximately 5 minutes or until your preferred level of crispiness is attained.
Once the toasts are ready, transfer them to a serving dish. You can garnish the toast with chopped herbs and freshly ground pepper.
Enjoy your warm, cheesy toast!
Tips for Adjusting the Cooking Time and Temperature
- Every air fryer model may have slight variations. Start by checking your toast after 4 minutes to avoid over-toasting.
- If you prefer your toast more on the soft side, consider reducing the air frying time by a minute.
- Don't crowd the air fryer. If you're making more than one sandwich, you might need to adjust the time slightly to account for the increased volume.
- These toasts pair perfectly with a light salad on the side, like a fresh arugula salad with a hint of lemon vinaigrette.
- You can also serve the toast with a side of fresh fruit like sliced strawberries or orange wedges.
- For a more filling breakfast, consider serving with a side of crispy bacon or turkey sausage links.
- A cup of black coffee or tea or freshly squeezed orange juice complements the rich flavors of the toast beautifully.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Feel free to swap out the bell pepper for other veggies like cherry tomatoes, sautéed spinach or thinly sliced zucchini for a twist.
- Experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss, to customize the flavor.
- If cheese isn't your thing or if you're vegan, try a dairy-free cheese substitute or even mashed avocado as a creamy base.
If you've got any leftover toasts, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To reheat, pop them back in the air fryer at 360°F (180ºC) for 2-3 minutes to regain that crispy texture. Microwaving is an option, but the toasted bread may turn out a bit soggy.
Pro Tips for Success
- It's crucial to preheat your air fryer. This ensures an even toast and makes sure the egg-cheese mixture melts beautifully.
- Use fresh bread when possible; it makes a noticeable difference in taste and texture.
- If you're not a fan of grated cheese, you can use thin slices for a smoother melt. Just ensure they're evenly spread to get that delightful gooey center.
- Keep an eye on your air fryer during the last few minutes of cooking. Toast can go from perfectly golden to burnt quite quickly!
Air Fryer Breakfast Boiled Egg Toast FAQs
To air fry an egg toasted sandwich, begin by preheating the air fryer to 360°F (180ºC). Once your egg mixture is prepared and spread onto one slice of bread, topped with your preferred ingredients and covered with the second slice, place the sandwich in the basket of the preheated air fryer. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until you reach your desired level of crispiness.
Yes, it's safe to toast bread in an air fryer. Just ensure that you monitor the toasting process, as bread can brown and become crispy quite quickly. Adjust the time and temperature according to your desired level of toastiness.
And there you have it—a delightful twist on a classic breakfast, all thanks to the magic of the air fryer.
I hope you enjoy every bite of this delectable air fryer breakfast boiled egg toast as much as I do. If you’re eager to explore more culinary wonders using your air fryer, explore our blog for an array of innovative air fryer recipes waiting to be discovered.
Don't forget to drop a comment below if you've given this recipe a whirl. I'd love to hear about your experience!
You Might Also Like:
Air Fryer Breakfast Boiled Egg Toast
- Air Fryer
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- Cooking spatula
- Serving dish
- 2 slices bread
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese (I used Gouda cheese but you can use other types)
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper julliened
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes or longer. Once they are done, peel the eggs, grate the cheese, and slice the bell pepper into thin pieces.
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the boiled egg, then mix it thoroughly with the grated cheese.
- Preheat the air fryer 360°F (180ºC).
- Place the slices of bread at the bottom of the air fryer basket. If they fit, you can place two or even four slices. Air fry the bread for 2 minutes.
- Once the bread is slightly toasted, use a spoon to spread the egg and cheese mixture onto the bread. Top it off with some chopped bell pepper pieces, adding a fresh element to the final toast.
- Place another slice of bread on top and air fry for approximately 5 minutes or until your preferred level of crispiness is attained.
- Once the toasts are ready, transfer them to a serving dish. You can garnish the toast with chopped herbs and freshly ground pepper.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.