If you've been looking for a new way to get creative with hot dogs, then look no further! In this blog post, I will give you step-by-step instructions with a video to make sure that your first time cooking hot dogs in an air fryer turns out perfect! The best part? It only takes about ten minutes to make them! They are best eaten with hot dog buns, split-top buns, or pretzel buns.
Why you will love this recipe
- Easy: This recipe is just so easy and perfectly suitable for beginners.
- Fast: Whenever you are craving delicious dogs, pop them into the air fryer and enjoy them a few minutes later. The same is true for air fryer hamburgers!
- Uncomplicated: Air fryers are a popular kitchen gadget for a reason. They're easy to use, and they make cooking faster and more convenient than ever before! You only need one device to cook the sausages and the buns.
- Sausage - You can use any type of sausage or bratwurst you love. I prefer Jumbo Frankfurter or Weiners when I eat regular air fryer hot dogs.
- Bacon - Either wrap the sausages in a slice of bacon before cooking or add crispy bacon as a topping. Both delicious!
- Cheese - If you love cheese dogs, place the sausage in the bun and top it with a slice of cheese. I prefer American cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Toppings - My favorite toppings for air-fried hot dogs include diced raw onions, caramelized onions, pickle relish, ketchup, and mustard. But you can top them with sauerkraut, caramelized onions, onion rings, or avocado and make the gourmet dog of your dreams.
Cooking from Frozen
If you want air fryer hot dogs but don't have any that are thawed, cooking them from frozen is just as easy. Cook them at 300°F (149°C) for 6 minutes, then flip them, cut in a few times, and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
Why cut into the sausages?
The heat from the air fryer is so hot that the hot sausages will expand in size. If you don't cut them, moisture builds up and they will burst and ruin your air-fried dogs! Cut a few small cuts into the sausages or prick them a few times with the tip of a sharp knife.
Cut a few small cuts into the sausages or pierce them with the tip of a sharp knife and place them in the preheated fryer basket.
Cook them on both sides until they are cooked through and lightly browned. Then place them in the buns and cook for 1 minute.
Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
More air fryer recipes to try
How to Cook Hot Dogs in the Air Fryer
- 2 Frankfurters or Weiners
- 2 hot dog buns
- oil for the air fryer basket
- cheese slices
- pickle relish
- diced onions
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F (193°C) and spray the air fryer basket with a little oil (no non-stick spray).
- Cut a few small cuts into the sausages or pierce them with the tip of a sharp knife and place them in the preheated fryer basket. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn them and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until they are cooked through and lightly browned.
- Remove the sausages from the air fryer and place them in the buns. Top with a slice of cheese if you like* and cook for 1 minute. Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.