This is the best and most delicious moist cinnamon apple bread recipe ever! All you need to make this recipe is 11 ingredients and 15 minutes of easy prep time. By the way, have you tried my caramel apple cake yet?
You love the addition of apples in savory dishes? Check out my apple sausage stuffing.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix applesauce and brown sugar just until combined for about 1 minute. Turning mixer to low, slowly mix in oil to combine.
Add eggs and vanilla and stir just until combined for about 1 minute.
Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Don't overmix at any step.
Fold in chopped apples just until combined.
Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and top with cinnamon sugar and additional apple slices if desired. Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Expert tips for success
- Don't forget to add the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the top, that's what forms the crispy crust.
- Never overmix the apple cinnamon bread batter. Just mix to combine the ingredients at every step.
- You can add extra apples on top as garnish depending on your preference. However, if you plan on storing leftovers for a few days, it may be better to leave them off as the tops get moist over time.
FAQs on apples
You can actually use any apples that you have on hand, and it will turn out pretty amazing. I don't always use the same type of apple each time, because they all have great qualities that enhance the flavor. Some of my favorites to use in this recipe are: Fuji, Honeycrisp, and Gala.
Yes, if you prefer the texture of shredded apples, you can substitute them for chopped. The flavor is going to remain the same, but the texture will be much more smooth and less chunky.
It will last 2 days after you bake it. Keep it in an airtight container to keep it moist and fresh.
Can I Freeze it?
Yes. Make sure it's wrapped up tightly, and you store it in a freezer bag or another airtight container. Thaw on the counter before serving.
More quick bread recipes to try
Soft and Moist Cinnamon Apple Bread
- 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅞ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup mild flavored vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled chopped apples (about 1 to 2 apples depending on size)
- OPTIONAL apple slices for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper with an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bread out of the pan after baking. Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, mix applesauce and brown sugar just until combined for about 1 minute. Turning mixer to low, slowly mix in oil to combine. Add eggs and vanilla* and stir just until combined for about 1 minute. Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Don't overmix at any step.
- Fold in chopped apples just until combined. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and top with cinnamon sugar mixture and additional apple slices if desired. Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
You can find the video in the post above. If you don't see a video, please check your browser settings.